SIMPLE EYEGLASS CASE
9157-33 3-4oz Veg-Tanned Tooling Leather
99280-11 or 9100-00 1-2oz Soft Lining Leather
8072-00 Adjustable Creaser
8091-00 or 8079- Overstitcher, Size 7
2605-09 Eco-Flo™ All-In-One Stain & Finish, Grape
2525-01 Contact Cement
3048-00 Leather Shears
56450-01 Waxed Thread, Black
1195-00 Stitching Needles
- Layout the pattern on heavy paper, then cut out the pattern.
- Place Pattern on the leather, trace around pattern with a stylus or awl.
- Cut out the leather.
- Lightly dampen the top grain surface of the leather with a sponge.
- Using the Adjustable Groover, crease a line 1/8” in from the edge all around both pieces.
- Run the Overstitch Wheel in the creased line from one opening mark to the other. (Fig. 1)
- Stain, Dye and Finish the exterior pieces. Let dry.
- Cut lining leather larger than the exterior pieces.
- Cement lining leather to the flesh side of the exterior pieces, and trim. (Fig. 2)
- Cement the edges together, except at the opening end.
- Punch sewing holes with awl. Use saddle stitch to attach sides together.
- Go over finished stitches with Overstitch Wheel to neaten up stitches. (Fig. 3)
- Slick edges with slicker or bone folder, and finish edges.
©2010 by Tandy Leather Factory. All Rights Reserved.